cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your web software doesn't work properly using Safari 7.0.3

Highlighted

Your web software doesn't work properly using Safari 7.0.3

I am unable to cancel social media postings in relation to my email campaign. Clicking "don't share" brings up a blank box with only a ^ in it. I tried to not share since I was unable to edit the thumbnails (a blank box came up when clicking edit, with a spinning timer that spun for over 10 minutes). I'd also like email for support please, as I don't use the telephone. Thanks.
87 REPLIES 87
Visitor

Linking to social media

HI my two recent campaigns haven't linked to linked in... Can you please advise?
Tags (2)
Honored Contributor

Re: Linking to social media

Hi Benjamin,

I'm sorry to hear that that happened. I see that one of your campaigns did publish to LinkedIn while the one from the 14th did not. That still shows pending.

Could you please cancel that and then republish?

Please let me know how that goes!  

Visitor

Hi Marissa,

I just published again today and once again it didn't publish..... not sure what I am doing wrong??

Please advise. 

Ben

Honored Contributor

Hi Benjamin,

I'm sorry that you are still having difficulty getting your email to share to your LinkedIn.

Let's try to remove the connection with Constant Contact from your LinkedIn profile and then re-add it.

Please follow these steps:

1. Open Simple Share Overlay, Click Manage 
3. Remove LinkedIn acct. from Simple Share 
4. Log into your  LinkedIn Account 
5. Hover over Profile pic in the upper-right, click to Review > Privacy & Settings 
6. Towards bottom, look for 'Profile,' 'Communications,' 'Groups/Companies & Applications,' and 'Account.' 
7. Click 'Groups, Companies & Applications' 
8. Click on View your applications 
9. Check the box next to 'Constant Contact - Making Social Simple' 
10. Click Remove 
11. Go back into your Constant Contact account/campaign/SimpleShare & click Share again and re-add LinkedIn

And then let me know how that goes!

CTCT Employee

Re: Your web software doesn't work properly using Safari 7.0.3

Hello Mikki, 

The issue that you are having is one that we are currently working on and is happening in multiple browsers.  If you would like I can put in a request for you to be notified when this issue is resolved.  In the meantime, the workaround to stop the pending post from being sent is to Unschedule the email.  Then choose the Don't Share option, this window might appear blank as well, but there should be a yellow oval.  If you click in the yellow oval it will put the Simple Share posts back to draft and take them out of the pending state.  

Also, you can email support through the Customer Portal.  If you log in to your account you can click the Help link at the top, then down the left hand side you will see a section to Email Questions to Support.  This way the case is created in your account in case there is anything that we need to test or troubleshoot.  

Hope this helps!

Occasional Visitor

Simple Share

Hi. I tried to use Simple Share both BEFORE and AFTER sending a newsletter today. Simple Share does not work. How do I link my newsletter to Facebook?
CTCT Employee

Re: Simple Share

Hi Josh.

I'm so sorry that you were having trouble with Simple Share. When you say that it doesn't work, what kind of troubles are you having? Is it not loading? Are you seeing any plus signs between the words? Are you getting any error messages? With a little more information I'd be able to assist with the situation much better. 

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Occasional Visitor

trouble with simple share

Hi there, When I go and click the simple share icon, the corresponding window opens but no icons load. I read through the "help" article about how to add the social media platform and synch. I'm interested in Facebook particularly. Unforuntately, not only do the icons in the simple share window not load, but when I click "add" nothing happens, there are no options, icons or selections to click. Please help! I wonder if it's down, or maybe I have a privacy setting that preventing it? Cant make sense of it! I was able to set up a web sign-up form and link it to Facebook....so at least that much is working. I'd appreciate any pointers. Kind regards, Audrey

Re: trouble with simple share

Updated July 2019:

The information below is based on our older Legacy Newsletters in our Second Generation Editor. Here is how you can share your campaign through our updated Social Share feature and how to include your social media icons in our Third Generation Editor templates.

----

Hi ShawnF23,

I'm a little confused about which social media tool you are using. You mentioned Simple Share which is the tool that allows you to share your emails on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. There's nothing to install but you do need to connect your accounts to use this. If you are using Simple Share you will need to click the Simple Share icon on the scheduling page to see the overlay window. 

1-13-2015 10-39-20 AM.jpg

You also mentioned the social media icons. These are the icons that you can inset in your email, event, etc to send people to your social media accounts. You can use this to encourage people to like or follow you on those accounts. The social media is available while you are editing a block of your email. 

1-13-2015 10-42-24 AM.jpg

Lastly, just to clarify all the options, there is a Join My Mailing List app you can install to your Facebook page. It sounds like you might already have this set up. Is it working properly? If you are working with Simple share and aren't able to see the overlay window please let me know what browser and version you are working in. Also, please confirm that you are allowing popups.

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!