Display campaign date in addition to subject line when archiving

0 Votes

Hi, I just upgraded $5/month to add the newsletter archive widget to my account, so that I can display our last 20 newsletters. Come to find out that the date is not displayed and we use the same subject line each week (we customize our pre-header.)

Survey Monkey's widget is perfect, and I was hoping ours could like like this.

But instead, our newsletters are displayed in a bulleted list, only with subject line displayed.

Parish Notes Weekly Newsletter

6 Comments
trinitysborg
Campaign Contributor

Hi, I just upgraded $5/month to add the newsletter archive widget to my account, so that I can display our last 20 newsletters.

Come to find out that the date is not displayed and we use the same subject line each week (see below) (we customize our pre-header.)

Survey Monkey's widget is perfect, and I was hoping ours could like like this.

But instead, our newsletters are displayed in a bulleted list, only with subject line displayed. Can we add the campaign date to the archive widget?? 

Parish Notes Weekly Newsletter

Frankie_P

Hi @trinitysborg

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! While we can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on the idea, we do want to indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with use case examples. In the meantime we recommend the following workarounds:

• Add the Send date or desired date to the subject line before sending and archiving the campaign.
  • If the campaign has already been sent: make a copy of the campaign, add the sent date to the subject line, live send the email to a list with only your email, then archive that email.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Gathering Information

trinitysborg
Campaign Contributor

Thank you Frankie for this suggestion/workaround. I tried this, but it's not ideal.

The archive list seems to appear in order of sent date. Is that correct? I would want the most recent campaign to appear first, at the top. But using this method, a campaign from a few weeks ago, just by adding the sent date to the subject line, would appear at the top. See our archive page, under construction.

Frankie_P

Hi @trinitysborg

Thanks for following up with us on this! Emails actually display on your website by the date that you add them to the archive, with the most recent displaying at the top of the list. Being able to change the order of archived campaigns is actually a feature request with a thread of its own.

WestM7
Rookie

Good Afternoon - we have the exact same situation as mentioned above, with the email subject being the only option for what is displayed as the publication title in the archive list. We use the same subject line each week for a municipal publication and would like to have the option of displaying the campaign name rather than email subject. Having control of the list order would also be very helpful.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More