Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Changes to Google and Yahoo’s email authentication requirements

JerryJ27
Rookie
0 Votes
When adding the CNAME record, which should the value be -- 100._domainkey.dkim1.l1send.com or 100._domainkey.dkim1.ccsend.com? Some documentation at Constant Contact says it should l1send.com and other documentation says it should be ccsend.com. Which is correct?
Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

The screencaps were taken from a business account the KB team uses, that included "L1." With the recent updates to email authentication experience, they've gotten the screencaps changed to match with the current user experience, even if the functionality is ultimately the same.

The screencaps in articles are meant for visual reference. What account holders should be mainly concerned with for the copying is what's actually provided in their accounts, since this information can differ a bit based on their account and domain info. 

6 REPLIES 6
TimH394
Rookie
0 Votes

Can't help much yet, but can you link the conflicting documentation articles so they can clarify or fix it, and we can see?

Typically with certain DNS records you can add more than one... I wouldn't act on that yet until someone from CC clarifies though...

JerryJ27
Rookie
0 Votes

Tim--

thanks for your help!  To save everybody's time, I edited the CNAME record to:

100._domainkey.dkim1.ccsend.com

And

200._domainkey.dkim2.ccsend.com

But the Constant Contact documentation clearly says:

100._domainkey.dkim1.l1send.com

And

200._domainkey.dkim2.l1send.com

See the document below, which is also repeated in their self-help video.  It’s clearly l1send.com.

instructions for CNAME record for authentication 013024.jpg

They might want to fix this, so others don’t get confused, as I did.

Thanks again!

--Jerry

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JerryJ27 ,

Where are you seeing the "100._domainkey.dkim1.l1send.com" - in your account or elsewhere? The CNAME 1 Value listed in accounts is "100._domainkey.dkim1.ccsend.com" based on everything I'm seeing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JerryJ27
Rookie
0 Votes

William--

Thanks for your help!  To save everybody's time, I edited the CNAME record to:

100._domainkey.dkim1.ccsend.com

And

200._domainkey.dkim2.ccsend.com

But the Constant Contact documentation clearly says:

100._domainkey.dkim1.l1send.com

And

200._domainkey.dkim2.l1send.com

See the document below, which is also repeated in your self-help video.  It’s clearly l1send.com.

JerryJ27_0-1706636622180.jpeg

You might want to fix this, so others don’t get confused, as I did.

Thanks again!

--Jerry

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I submitted feedback for the specific self-authentication article to see if this imagery can be updated / clarified. 

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The screencaps were taken from a business account the KB team uses, that included "L1." With the recent updates to email authentication experience, they've gotten the screencaps changed to match with the current user experience, even if the functionality is ultimately the same.

The screencaps in articles are meant for visual reference. What account holders should be mainly concerned with for the copying is what's actually provided in their accounts, since this information can differ a bit based on their account and domain info. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (75%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST