Can't Add video link for a YouTube Short

MelanyeP
Rookie
Why can't I include a video link to a YouTube short. Constant Contact won't recognize the link. (gives an error message) I've had this issue for months and always have to call in for help every time I build a newsletter. The help page has no procedures to cover this issue. First: How do I make this work? Trying to meet a deadline. Second: Will this eventually get fixed?
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MelanyeP ,

Due to their nature, YouTube shorts aren't always embeddable in different video embedding functionalities. As with any video that isn't compatible with the embed.ly-coded video block, you're welcome to use one of the standard linking methods as a workaround:

Another potential workaround when it comes to adding a Shorts link to your video block is to replace the shorts/ part with watch?v= . For example https://youtube.com/shorts/J-mrNqVPEWM would instead be inserted as https://youtube.com/watch?v=J-mrNqVPEWM . This effectively forces the video into the normal YouTube video display on their site, rather than their newer made Shorts display, and works with the embed.ly functionality of the video block better. I was able to do this in my account with every shorts link I entered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BonnieP960
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I've also had this problem & want to know if Constant Contact will work with YouTube on finding a way to get YouTube shorts to embed in their emails. Short form videos are more popular now.

BonnieP960
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

The YouTube workaround William A. posted worked for us, but we ended up doing a 16:9 video and using it in our email instead of the square video that was in our YouTube shorts.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST