Contacts don't stay "removed"

JessicaL5682
Rookie
0 Votes
I have multiple no-replay emails and encrytped address that migrated from a bulk import. I ve deleted 100's manually, I've gone through and 'unsubcribed', and today I even attempted to delete and re-import my full contact list (I got smart after the last 4 hours fail and made a backup in excel) and they ARE STILL THERE. They show as added by me, several months ago, connected to our general list, and still actively subscribed. Looking for help aside from fully deleting our account, because I can't keep spending hours cleaning up our list only to have it all reappear the next week. I've tried using Chrome, and Edge browsers, on the desktop site if that makes any difference. Thank You
Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JessicaL5682 ,

When I check your account, I'm seeing all the "no-reply" type addresses as being unsubscribed. The vast majority of your total contacts are unsubscribed or otherwise not considered active contacts. Additionally, re-importing the contacts wouldn't resubscribe them. 

If you're absolutely 100% sure contacts you've unsubscribed are being reimported as fully subscribed, I would advise calling our general support so you can securely provide example contacts and your contact import sheet, as well as get troubleshooting live. Otherwise, another option would be to reply to the automated @ mention email you receive from this response, with the contact sheet and some example contacts of these "no-reply" and encrypted addresses you're seeing as being active in your account.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JessicaL5682 ,

When I check your account, I'm seeing all the "no-reply" type addresses as being unsubscribed. The vast majority of your total contacts are unsubscribed or otherwise not considered active contacts. Additionally, re-importing the contacts wouldn't resubscribe them. 

If you're absolutely 100% sure contacts you've unsubscribed are being reimported as fully subscribed, I would advise calling our general support so you can securely provide example contacts and your contact import sheet, as well as get troubleshooting live. Otherwise, another option would be to reply to the automated @ mention email you receive from this response, with the contact sheet and some example contacts of these "no-reply" and encrypted addresses you're seeing as being active in your account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JessicaL5682
Rookie
0 Votes

Not only are they still there, but even after full deletion of ALL my contacts they reappear. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Please call our general support so they can screenshare your Constant Contact browser tab, and see exactly how you're going about deleting the contacts, and troubleshoot live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST