Free event fee

CheriBales
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes
I had to set up my first (beta) event today and was forced to put in PP information for the payment - even though it's a free event - which I get, but are we now going to have to pay a fee for someone registering for a free event? That's not fun at all…I can't find anything written about the Free Event fees.
Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @CheriBales ,

You shouldn't need to connect a payment account to activate your events in the newer version, as long as none of the tickets are marked as paid type. However, checking out your event, it's clear this was not the case. As already mentioned in email correspondence, this is being investigated further.

With that said, if the tickets are free, you will not be charged anything because there's no payment to process.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CheriBales ,

You shouldn't need to connect a payment account to activate your events in the newer version, as long as none of the tickets are marked as paid type. However, checking out your event, it's clear this was not the case. As already mentioned in email correspondence, this is being investigated further.

With that said, if the tickets are free, you will not be charged anything because there's no payment to process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
VanessaP812
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there an update on this? I am creating an event and running into the same problem. My event does not require a fee to attend and don't want to confuse guests. Please advise. 

CheriBales
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Nope. You will have to enter a payment method even if you aren't charing. It won't show to clients during the registration if you just set the fee at Free, but you have to have a credit card on file to launch the event. I haven't heard anything differently and have had to do it twice for new accounts. This is silly and should not be required for a free event.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST