Hosted email forwarded to Gmail

BlairJ4
Rookie
0 Votes
We have a hosted domain, but manage email by forwarding it to Gmail, and sending email from GMail with the address appearing as our hosted domain site address. Is this going to cause an issue with all these changes with DMARC policies, SPF and DKIM???? Thanks!!!
4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BlairJ4 ,

On our side, as long as you authenticate your listed address in some way, then it's a moot point - you're still sending to your contacts through us. You using a gmail address as a proxy for your internal emails, or emails directly from you to specific others that aren't you contacts (i.e. to city officials, maintenance services, committee members, etc.) wouldn't be affecting your Constant Contact account's authentication setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KristinA
Rookie
0 Votes

We do the same thing with using GMail as our email host and have MX and TXT records in our DNS settings.  We keep getting error messages when trying to update our DNS setting and am wondering if the Google records are causing issues?  Would that be an issue @William_A ?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Possibly, I'd advise referring to the self-authentication errors-related articles listed in our Email Authentication FAQ for more insight, or contacting the Delivery team for their insight. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KristinA
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks.  I've read that twice now and there's nothing that relates to our issue.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST