Unable to Delete Blocks

CACUCCOffice
Rookie
Good day - I am not able to delete elements, such as blocks in email campaigns. "Change this layout's background color" and "Copy this layout" are still functional, but "Delete this layout" is grayed out. Could someone please advise as time allows?
7 REPLIES 7
DebbyR30
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue and came here for help!

CACUCCOffice
Rookie
0 Votes

For me, it's specifically deleting dividers between articles. I got disconnected twice using the chat function. Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 10.56.57 AM.png

JanetS7
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Last week I was able to delete them, but now no trash bin appears. I've been using this same template for four years!

DebbyR30
Rookie
0 Votes

I chatted with tech support and it is an issue with the software - they are working on it! I had to recreate the email. 

Good luck! 

JanetS7
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Thank you! Now I can't edit headers either.

DebbyR30
Rookie
0 Votes

Argh. So frustrating. It is not letting me do anything. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CACUCCOffice ,

I checked your account, and the specific pre-built template is one that has certain elements - like that divider block - that can't be deleted. While all other elements, including blocks dragged over from the side, can be deleted as expected, that divider setup can't. 

I've tracked the issue to your account so if the devs have any future updates regarding the delete issue with these specific templates, you'll be notified. However there isn't really an ETA on this, since they're still collecting data on which templates and which specific blocks / elements are affected.

In the meantime, the only advice I can offer is to either use a different pre-built template, and/or be very careful with the unique template elements you're copying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (82%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST