ISSUES ON ISSUES ON ISSUES!!!

user243863
Campaign Contributor
All of the new updates with the Event section have created more problems than solutions. We are not receiving updates on any of the issues we present to the support team. They continue to say there's no ETA, but they’ll notify us when there’s a fix. I haven’t received an update on any of the issues I’ve sent over yet. Below are a list of the issues we’ve been experiencing: 1. The event lets multiple customers sign up with the same email address, as opposed to a unique email address per person. 2. Issue #1 causes the sign-up count to be off in the event list because it counts registrants signed up with the same email address as one person. For example, if 3 people sign up with the same email address, all 3 people count as 1 person in that count. 3. When I download a report, the new ticket feature creates duplicate information within the report so I have to go into it manually to delete the duplicate information. It also gives a lot of information in the report that is not needed. 4. The ticket feature should be optional. 5. Also, when we offer more than one ticket per registrant, it doesn’t capture individual registrant information. It just gives the option to copy the 1st registrant’s same information. 6. With the new custom report feature, when I try to select something in the Form Field section, it automatically selects to include the Ticket information, which we do not need. 7. The event registration count is off within the event, as well. When I click the event in the event list it shows in the overview that only 13/25 tickets have been "sold" but when I click on the tickets section the number changes to 14/25. 8. The landing page design is not user-friendly. I have to constantly fidget and play around with it to get extra images, text, etc. added. It picks and chooses what it wants to drag and drop. It also doesn’t help that I have to go back and forth between the event settings and the landing page settings to make certain changes. It should just be one fluid process.
5 REPLIES 5
user243863
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Also, customers should be able to cancel their own registrations to events.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user243863 ,

1. This is functioning-as-designed, since it was one of the most popular functionalities requested in the legacy event system from customers. That said, there is an existing feature request in the Ideas board, which our devs are looking into ways to accommodate both sides' requests. 
  2. Please call our general support so they can gather info and example sign-ups you're seeing this occur with, and troubleshoot live. 
  3. I'd advise calling general support and providing explicit examples of what's being "duplicated" so they can submit that info to the devs, or see if it's actually different fields that your registrants have just re-entered.
  4. Tickets are how registrations are captured and recorded, they cannot be optional at this time
  5. You have to setup your form so the person registering the tickets can enter different info. Please see our main article on setting up your event registration form, if you need step-by-step and visual guidance on this process. 
  6. Some aspects of the reporting needs ticket info in order to present functionally. If you've selected a particular field that's unique to specific ticket types, then that ticket info will need to be included.
  7. Please call general support so they can troubleshoot live and collect specific event info. 
  8. I'm not able to recreate your described issue when I test in the event landing page editor, nor email editor - both within an event nor as standalone campaigns. I've also tested on multiple devices and browsers. This indicates you're likely experiencing a connectivity issue, possibly caused by a browser extension, VPN, ad/pop-up blocker, some other security program that may be interfering with your connection to the site, slow internet, or simply too long of a campaign for your connection to handle the autosaving and rendering for.
  9. This is an existing feature request our devs are exploring ways to include with the event tool's functionality. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user243863
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

In my list of issues, I mentioned that the form setup doesn't collect each individual registrant's information, but I found out that it does. However, I tested it and noticed that in the report, it doesn't look like it collects the ticket information from the primary contact, only the primary contact's guests. It has that in the report, as well with the information next to the primary contact's name is blank. Does the primary contact not get a ticket with this feature? Although 4 people are registered, it only shows 3 in my tickets sold.

user243863
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Can you also bring back the feature to mark who attended the events?

bfs
Campaign Expert

Hello, I copied and pasted the parts of this post that are causing vast confusion for our team's event. We will need a clean report today and another tomorrow, what is being output now is a huge mess.

• :fire::fire: When I download a report, the new ticket feature creates duplicate information within the report so I have to go into it manually to delete the duplicate information. WE NEED TO SEND THIS TO A PRINTER FOR MAIL MERGE AND THE OUTPUT IS A DISASTER, THINKING THIS IS BECAUSE THE "CUSTOM" REPORT DOES NOT ALLOW US TO DESELECT THE TICKET.
  • :fire:The ticket feature should be optional.
  • :fire: Also, when we offer more than one ticket per registrant, it doesn’t capture individual registrant information. It just gives the option to copy the 1st registrant’s same information.
  • :fire:With the new custom report feature, when I try to select something in the Form Field section, it automatically selects to include the Ticket information, which we do not need.
  • :fire:The event registration count is off within the event, as well. When I click the event in the event list it shows in the overview that only 13/25 tickets have been "sold" but when I click on the tickets section the number changes to 14/25.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST