Images not displayed in email/Canva import

SOLVED
Go to solution
user8878249
Rookie
0 Votes

I've created a email design in Canva using images, text boxes, colour gradient backgrounds etc. and wish to use it for my email campaign in CC. However when I use the option to import a PDF once saved from Canva the result is once you send it from CC you end up with an email displaying nothing more than a (x) "right click here to download images" for the recipients. Is there a way to stop this and have it display the Canva created design first time without people receiving a blank email and a download images option or a way to import the design as it has ben created in Canva to use in constant contacts again avoiding images being hidden by the dreaded (x) "right click here"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd advise checking out this article on setting up self-authentication for your account., since you have your own domain. Self-authenticating can go a long way towards deliverability and trustworthiness of the emails you send through us, since it's essentially a stamp of approval for email programs and networks that we're sending an email officially on your behalf. 

You can also try checking your Outlook's settings to see if there's anything you can toggle on/off to allow the images to download/display right away. You may want to consider speaking with Outlook's support if the images continue to be blocked / always require specific display prompts after making changes to your settings.

Beyond that, there's not much else to really be done. Unfortunately, we can't control if Outlook is refusing to allow the images to display right away. For more info on common display issues, particularly Outlook-related display issues, I'd recommend checking out this Community post

See also:

Article: Images not displaying in email client

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user8878249 ,

Does this occur in all email programs and apps you have access to, or just one in particular? Are you able to actually download/display the images after prompting your email program to do so, or do they remain blocked?

William A
user8878249
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi There,

Thanks for responding to me. I have only seen the issue with Outlook so far but the only other email app/programme I have tested it on is iPhone mail app and its displayed fine there (but obviously in a different format for mobile). I've ran test emails to my Work outlook, personal and even a friends work email which is also outlook and its the same result on all. It just means when you see the preview it looks fine but when it actually goes out to actual email recipients its has a near blank email (apart from the unsubscribe info at the bottom etc.) and the blocked image (x) is all that can be seen.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd advise checking out this article on setting up self-authentication for your account., since you have your own domain. Self-authenticating can go a long way towards deliverability and trustworthiness of the emails you send through us, since it's essentially a stamp of approval for email programs and networks that we're sending an email officially on your behalf. 

You can also try checking your Outlook's settings to see if there's anything you can toggle on/off to allow the images to download/display right away. You may want to consider speaking with Outlook's support if the images continue to be blocked / always require specific display prompts after making changes to your settings.

Beyond that, there's not much else to really be done. Unfortunately, we can't control if Outlook is refusing to allow the images to display right away. For more info on common display issues, particularly Outlook-related display issues, I'd recommend checking out this Community post

See also:

Article: Images not displaying in email client

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST