Knowledge Base Subdomain

SOLVED
Go to solution
OsmanE23
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
Has anyone else noticed that the “knowledgebase.constantcontact.com” subdomain is not secure? I encounter a warning when I visit the site and my browser shows the certificate for the site is invalid? A bit of a problem when I try to direct other users to read Knowledge Base articles. (Raises questions.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OsmanE23
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

William, investigating this more from our end, our team was able to help us with this issue, BUT, they were able to determine that there IS an issue with the site's certificates.

Here is a result from an independent SSL diagnostic tool indicating there is an error related to the certificate chain:

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/

“The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate.”

Passing this on in hopes that it is helpful for your team. Correcting the issue may help others with similar network security configurations.

View solution in original post

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

All of those links load as expected from my side, even in incognito, and even when I visit them on my personal devices like my cell phone and personal desktop. I'm not receiving any warning regarding the security certificate.

Is this issue occurring on all devices you have access to - including those off of your organization's network, such as mobile data on your phone or a personal device on your home network? Have any of your clients mentioned the security certificate warning? 

Has your IT recently made any changes to your network security, that would be incorrectly labelling domains we use, including our main site, as being insecure?

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @OsmanE23 ,

Please submit feedback on those articles so our Knowledge Base team can get them updated. If you encountered the link from an older post in the Community, please provide that post's URL so we can update it with the correct KB article link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

All of those links load as expected from my side, even in incognito, and even when I visit them on my personal devices like my cell phone and personal desktop. I'm not receiving any warning regarding the security certificate.

Is this issue occurring on all devices you have access to - including those off of your organization's network, such as mobile data on your phone or a personal device on your home network? Have any of your clients mentioned the security certificate warning? 

Has your IT recently made any changes to your network security, that would be incorrectly labelling domains we use, including our main site, as being insecure?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
OsmanE23
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thanks, William! I think you're right. I think it is something specific to our network. I have been seeing it for some time now, but I sent the links to my personal device and there was no security warning.

Will speak with our internal team. Thank you!

OsmanE23
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

William, investigating this more from our end, our team was able to help us with this issue, BUT, they were able to determine that there IS an issue with the site's certificates.

Here is a result from an independent SSL diagnostic tool indicating there is an error related to the certificate chain:

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/

“The certificate is not trusted in all web browsers. You may need to install an Intermediate/chain certificate to link it to a trusted root certificate.”

Passing this on in hopes that it is helpful for your team. Correcting the issue may help others with similar network security configurations.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (60%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST