Multi-Factor Authentication

RobbinR3
Rookie
0 Votes
How do I turn off multi-factor authentication? I set it up, but it's too annoying.
2 REPLIES 2
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ST_Joseph_Parish. Multi-factor authentication is required for all accounts. Because this is meant to help curb unapproved account logins, it can be instrumental in your account's security and our ability as a company to get your emails into your contact's inboxes, instead of to their spam. The more we can assure that email is being sent legitimately and not by spammers the better our sending reputation is and the more you can rely on your contacts seeing your emails in their inbox, so at this time there is no way to turn off this security feature. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RobbinR3
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you.  However, our account did not have MFA set up till I made changes to the admin users.  If it wasn't on before, I assumed (wrong, i know) that it could be turned off.  There was no information telling me MFA was required.  Trying to log in took me to a screen that held me hostage till I clicked on an option to set up one of the MFA methods.  None of the help documentation I could find indicated that it was mandatory and could not be turned off. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST