Check out the Latest Product Updates for Summer 2024!

Unsubscribe

SOLVED
Go to solution
LaurieD00
Rookie
0 Votes

Everyone on my email list has signed up for my emails. I don't add anyone without their request to receive my emails. Recently, I had 2 different unsubscribes that also reported my emails as spam, which they are not. Maybe they forgot they signed up, but they both had been receiving my emails for a number of years, so I"m also not new to them...both signed up at events they attended in the past. My question is this...how does that affect my email campaigns, etc. to be listed as spam, when I'm not? And, is there any way to contest those reports to clear my reputation. I'm not a spammer, never have been, never will be, but it must 'ding' me to have those reports out there? Thank you, Laurie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LaurieD00. It's possible that your contact's email client detected the email as spam. A few spam reports shouldn't affect your sending reputation. This would only become an issue if there were larger reports. If you have a relationship with these contacts, you can ask them to safelist your email address. This will help your deliverability. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LaurieD00. It's possible that your contact's email client detected the email as spam. A few spam reports shouldn't affect your sending reputation. This would only become an issue if there were larger reports. If you have a relationship with these contacts, you can ask them to safelist your email address. This will help your deliverability. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jul 25
Webinar: Master Your Digital Marketing Metrics
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST