Reverting from fixed formatting bar back to free floating?

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert
0 Votes
I noticed the fixed formatting bar at the top of a new email im editing. How can i revert back to the more intuitive floating bar? I'd like to be able to right click on an image or hyperlink and edit right there. I noticed if try to edit an item i have to go up to the formatting bar and the item im editing isnt highlighted at all. How do i know after mousing across the entire screen i still have the item i want to edit selected? Not a fan.
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Boxerbrand ,

The docked toolbar was implemented because of the issues with the free-floating bar, since it was not intuitive based on complaints from customers we'd received over the years. 

When you click into a text block (or any block) the toolbar will appear. If you click off to the side, or delete a block that you'd clicked on, the toolbar will disappear. Based on that, it doesn't sound like you're actually clicking into the text block prior to highlighting and editing text / a link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

The bar functions fine. There are a few small things wrong with it and the items selected for editing, but i was mainly looking to see if i could revert back to the floating bar. The bar is far more intuitive and easy to use.

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

So should i assume that no, it is not an option to revert back to the floating bar? is there a chance it will be reimplemented as an option in the future?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (60%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST