Announcing our brand new Campaign Builder!

Reverting from fixed formatting bar back to free floating?

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert
0 Votes
I noticed the fixed formatting bar at the top of a new email im editing. How can i revert back to the more intuitive floating bar? I'd like to be able to right click on an image or hyperlink and edit right there. I noticed if try to edit an item i have to go up to the formatting bar and the item im editing isnt highlighted at all. How do i know after mousing across the entire screen i still have the item i want to edit selected? Not a fan.
3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Boxerbrand ,

The docked toolbar was implemented because of the issues with the free-floating bar, since it was not intuitive based on complaints from customers we'd received over the years. 

When you click into a text block (or any block) the toolbar will appear. If you click off to the side, or delete a block that you'd clicked on, the toolbar will disappear. Based on that, it doesn't sound like you're actually clicking into the text block prior to highlighting and editing text / a link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

The bar functions fine. There are a few small things wrong with it and the items selected for editing, but i was mainly looking to see if i could revert back to the floating bar. The bar is far more intuitive and easy to use.

Boxerbrand
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

So should i assume that no, it is not an option to revert back to the floating bar? is there a chance it will be reimplemented as an option in the future?

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (75%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST