Text wrap in the Cross Device Editor

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChristineF75
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
We are in the process of switching from the Third-Generation Editor to the Cross Device Editor. There used to be a way to wrap text around images in the Third-Gen Editor, but that doesn't seem to be possible in the Cross Device Editor. When I try to drag an Image block from the Build menu into the body of a text block, the image snaps above or below it, not within the text. Am I missing something? Having the ability to wrap text is an important feature, since it allows you to write longer text but still include an image. (The two column text + image format only looks okay with shorter text.) Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ChristineF75. The ability to wrap text around an image still exists in the cross-device editor. When clicking and dragging an image into a text block, you'll see a faint pink square appear in the top right or left of the text block. Once you release it, it will show as wrapped.

See this article for a screenshot of the pink block appearing. It will be under the area called "Inserting in a text block (text wrapping)"

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ChristineF75. The ability to wrap text around an image still exists in the cross-device editor. When clicking and dragging an image into a text block, you'll see a faint pink square appear in the top right or left of the text block. Once you release it, it will show as wrapped.

See this article for a screenshot of the pink block appearing. It will be under the area called "Inserting in a text block (text wrapping)"

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ChristineF75
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thanks. It seems to be working now, but the editor is a bit finicky. As I mentioned, when I tried to place the image block inside the text block, it would automatically want to snap above or below it, not within. I'll continue to monitor it and post again if we keep experiencing issues. 

SHHMarketing
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi Caitlin, I followed these exacts steps, and sent a test email to myself.

In the test email, the images are not wrapped and are above the text. 

What do I do from here?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SHHMarketing ,

Are you viewing the email in desktop view, or in mobile view? Mobile devices won't do text wrapping, and will shift text-wrapped images to be above the text they're wrapped with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST