editing templates

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes
It seems that if we use the new feature of saving an email as a template, Constant Contact does not "hold on" to the reply to address and the From name (maybe some other things too), so you have to remember to make those adjustments if needed when you use a template. The old way of doing it, where you replicated a previous email and used it as if it were a template, kept all those fields the same until you changed them if you needed to. Is there a way to edit the template once you have saved it so the information you want is filled in each time you use it?
8 REPLIES 8
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @rcppubs23. Is the "new" From email address the same every time you copy the saved template? If it is, do you recall if it is the most recent verified address in your account? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
DianeM
Rookie
0 Votes

Caitlin, 
Is there anyway that if we verify a new email address for event related email replies/responses, that it will not affect the "From address" on our "Saved Templates?" I understand that once a saved template is copied, that the sender can update the "From address" in the email settings, but we have an internal issue with our staff remembering to check this. Sadly, we are losing out on the event related email correspondences because of this issue. Can "Saved Templates" be "locked" or given an option to edit by an admin only?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @dianem. No, the ability to lock or restrict access with select users doesn't exist at this time. The closest thing to having a "restrict access" functionality would be to set a user as a Campaign Creator. They could still edit templates (this would include the header) but they would not be able to schedule or send. This would give the Account Owner or an Account Manager the chance to review the campaign before sending it.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
DianeM
Rookie
0 Votes

Caitlin, We are now hesitant to verify any new addresses for our event usage as it messes with saved templates. Is there a different way to handle this? I want to use the "reply to" in events to specific organizers, but they must be verified first. I understand the importance of verifying, but wish it could be disconnected from saved templates. Any ideas?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @dianem. There is a noted issue with having the most recently verified email address show as the From address in templates. There is a possible way to change the order of the verified addresses to have a "default" email show as the From address. This is done by our Support team. However, if you were to verify any new addresses after this is done, they would still replace the "default" that was previously set. We don't have information to share regarding a fix of this issue so any future emails will need to be reviewed before sending.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

@Caitlin_M- I'm not sure what you mean about "every time you copy the saved template"-What I did was replicate a previousy sent campaign and saved it as a template (using the feature CC recommends that we use). That campaign that I replicated had been sent from the address we send all of our emails from (which, yes, is the most recent verified address in the account). So the "from" name and from address there was (let's call it) address 2. And the "reply to" field was also that address. However (and I didn't realize this til after I sent the email) the new email built using that "save as" template used the formal name on the account and the main email on the account (call it address 1) were in those fields on my new email that used that template.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

@rcppubs23 - Could you please email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the saved template name and the exact addresses you used as the examples of address 1 and address 2 so we can attempt to replicate this? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks @Caitlin_M. I've sent you the info via email.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (60%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST