editor/design tool page EXTREMLY high resource usage on computer and VERY "Buggy"

L32095
Rookie
0 Votes

The design page is barely usable most of the time and I would like to know why? My computer is no slouch, 7th Gen I7-9700 with 64gigs memory and I can barely get an email finished while my fan is huffing like crazy I'm using fully updates Chrome, am I supposed to be using some other browser? Not even my CAD program does this to my PC This design page is the ONLY thing that burns my PC down like this Page keeps undoing what I'm doing, MUST always review my work, like its NOT saving what I'm doing Text just changes on its own, sometimes duplicates other "Buttons" text in buttons I just edited, VERY frustrating Can NOT drag and drop or even move objects most of the time, Must constantly refresh the page as it just stops working completely. No reason in my mind it should do that Pretty sure I will just have to go back to ,,, Constant Contact has 18% 1 Star reviews on Trust Pilot, I can see why.

6 REPLIES 6
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @L32095. The Constant Contact website uses more bandwidth than normal websites, like Yahoo and Google. This is because using Constant Contact is similar to running Word in your browser. Chrome is listed as a browser that works with Constant Contact. Are you able to replicate this behavior in other browsers so we can determine if this is a browser-specific issue?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
L32095
Rookie
0 Votes

I will give them a try.

Any expected difference if I try "Incognito" ?

This is my current Chrome

Version 123.0.6312.88 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Pic is my typical internet speeds

speed.jpeg

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I am currently running in Firefox. I don't use Chrome because the color branding still does not work in Chrome. It doesn't matter what browser I use, or what computer I use, everything associated with Constant Contact is EXTREMELY S...L....O.........W. Typing this response has been excruciating.

Then I get a red popup that states, "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

@MaryJoC83 - Please review our article on connectivity troubleshooting, especially the part about using different browsers or an incognito/private window. This will help us determine if this is a browser or extension issue.

With the error you are seeing, is this in the Community or when working in the editor?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

The error message popped up when in the Community.

Not sure if this is a connectivity issue as I see this when I am working from home AND at my place of employment. The lag time when typing is so annoying!

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Thank you for the information, @MaryJoC83. The error message relates to a cookie issue in the Community that our team is investigating. It is separate from what is happening in your account.

I made a copy of your most recent draft and was unable to replicate the lag in typing. Does this happen in multiple browsers or in an incognito/private window? Are you able to run a speedtest to find your upload/download speed? If the download speed is 3+MBPS, and or the upload is 1+MBPS, you should have enough bandwidth to run our site without issues.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST