"Test" ricket payment - not accepting credit card

Podium-Events
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I created a TEST ticket of $1 so I can see what happens when you click "Pay by Credit or Visa Debit" from a customer's experience. Question 1) Received ERROR message and credit car was not accepted and to try again later or with different card (which I did and same response). What is the problem? Question 2) If selecting "Pay by Credit or Visa Debit" is the money received to my Pay Pal account I have set up?

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Podium-Events ,

For your first question, it's indicating that something is blocking the credit card information from being submitted - a browser extension, ad/pop-up blocker, VPN or something else interfering with your ability to submit payment info. See our Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ for further info, or our main article on connectivity troubleshooting

If PayPal is the option you selected for online payments for your event, then yes - payments received go to the PayPal account.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Podium-Events
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you for the response. So, if I am receiving this issue as a test, I suspect that I will have a number of customers experience this exact same issue when they are attempting to pay by credit or visa debit. This will be a major issue and headache for me. What do you suggest my response is to these customers to troubleshoot these issues for them? I will not have the time or capability to have to continuously respond to these types of roadblocks. Thank you. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Podium-Events ,

Did you do any connectivity troubleshooting to isolate what on your end would be preventing the card payments from being accepted?

William A
Podium-Events
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I have - and I have tried on 3 different devices and ERROR issue persists. Are you suggesting that when a customer experiences this issue that I direct them to the same Connectivity FAQ that you sent me?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No, I'm trying to isolate where the source of the disconnect would be for you when trying to test the payment. Are all 3 of the devices you've tested on using the same network, browser extensions, ad/pop-up blockers, VPN, or other network security functions?

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (50%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST