API Key, access token, list id

LillyO
Rookie
0 Votes

hi I am integrating with Course Funnels and need information on how to access API Key, Access Token and List ID.

I have tried to browse through API doc and is hard to find any info.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello LillyO,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

It sounds like you are trying to use a 3rd-party app that is asking you for an API Key. Usually an application developer will generate their own API Key that lets their app integrate with Constant Contact, however some developers require you to provide them with an API Key. Since this process was designed to be done by the app developers themselves, it can be confusing for end users to find or generate this information.

We have two different versions of our API, so the steps you take to get this information will depend on what version of our API the integration you are looking to connect with uses as they are created through different platforms and are not cross compatible.

If the app you are using is asking you to provide an “Access Token” with your key, then it probably utilizes our legacy V2 API, rather than our newer V3 API. 

How to generate a V2 API Key and Access Token:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Community-News/How-to-generate-an-API-Key-and-Access-Token/...

Next, instructions for the list IDs are in the article linked below. Scroll down past the V3 instructions to step 13 of the V2 section, since you’ll have already completed the other steps.

Obtain a List ID for APIs

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5892-obtain-a-list-ID-for-apis

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.