Backend Integration

SullivanAuctioneers1
Rookie
0 Votes
We wanted help with integration of Constant contact to our server-side. We are looking to Post data into Mail listings. Right now, we are able to get the Auth_code, But if we use the same Auth code while getting the Access Token we are getting the error message "error_description": "The authorization code is invalid or has expired.". Even though we are generating a new code, the error still persists.
1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello SullivanAuctioneers1,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Sorry for any difficulty getting started with authorization, I know the process can seem a little daunting when first getting started. 

The authorization code only has a lifespan of 5 minutes, so you'll want to make sure that you are exchanging it for your first token set within that period of time.

If this does not resolve the issue, there may be a problem with how the requests or key's settings have been configured, so if the issue persists, please feel free to email our team directly at webservices@constantcontact.com and reference case #30945726 with the API key that you are using to make the request, the full request(s) where you are receiving the response error (including URL, headers, timestamp, and request body), and the full response body so that we can so that we can better assist you in identifying the root cause of the issue.

*Please send the information requested above to us securely via email, rather than posting it directly in the forum, for privacy purposes. We look forward to assisting you.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.