V1 api retiring

user4960333
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hello Constant Contact team,We have an integration with ‘Constant Contact’ from our application ‘Quickbooks Point of Sale’.
One of our end customers received an email very recently saying thatImportant: We are retiring the Quickbooks Point of Sale integration on September 3, 2021. On September 3, 2021, we will be retiring the Quickbooks Point of Sale integration because it uses our legacy API. You are receiving this notification because our records show that you have used, or are currently using, this integration.If you did not create this integration you will need to contact the original provider to see if there is a newer version or ask them to migrate to our new (V3) API before September 3, 2021. You can also view the Constant Contact Marketplace to see if an alternative option is available."We are a desktop application and we are right now using V1.Can you please let us know1) Will V1 API stop working on September 3, 2021
2) The amount of traffic that gets generated from our application to you on a monthly basis
3) Given the fact that this is a very short notice, and being a desktop application migrations are usually time consuming, how could you help us to mitigate the risk of service disruption post Sept 3.If we can get on to a call, it will help to sort things out quickly. Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Aarron_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hello,

I see that you've also contacted us on this via email. We've replied to your email, but I wanted to close the loop here as well. If you haven't received our reply, please let us know at webservices@constantcontact.com, and reference case number 28832010.

Regards,

Aarron G.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
user4960333
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi Aarron,

We had replied on your mail with estimated alternate date, Please check it and let us know whether upto that time we can continue to use V1 api or not.

user4960333
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes
Hi Aarron,
Waiting for you reply.
user4960333
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi Aarron/ Constant Contact Team, 

We are waiting for your reply, we had send mail on webservices@constantcontact.com with our concern and the estimated time we need to migrate from V1 to V3 api.

Please let us know your point view on that or we can have discussion on that so that we can finalize it. 

Aarron_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hello,

We've followed up via email. Please let us know if the email hasn't been received. Thank you!

Aarron G.
API Support Engineer
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
JohnJ2999
Rookie
0 Votes

What is the estimated date of a working version of this with the current QB POS? 

user4960333
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi Team,

We are planning to release V3 api changes by end of Jan 22.
Once released adoption of customers to new version would take 4-6 months.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.