ctctWrapper v1.0 no longer works with PHP 8 I guess

RobertD8278
Rookie
0 Votes

I learned today that an old web app of mine that uses the ctctWrapper code doesn't seem to work with PHP 8.  Does anybody have an updated version of that? Maybe I need to bite the bullet and rewrite with the latest APIs, but I need to get the app running pronto for my client ! Anyone?  - Bob

4 REPLIES 4
WCCGoldenApple
Brand Strategist
0 Votes

Bob, not sure what the ctctWrapper V1 is, but Constant Contact is no longer supporting client libraries for their APIs.  I don't blame them really, they are a lot of work to maintain.

I wrote a PHP wrapper for the V3 API.  You can find it here: https://packagist.org/packages/phpfui/constantcontact  Very easy to use, as it creates typed objects that you can send and receive with the API.  The current version does not support the new OAuth2 PKCE stuff, but I will have an update later this week that will, being tested now.

Hope this helps.

RobertD8278
Rookie
0 Votes

This sounds great. My code is server-side for a web app, so PKCE shouldn't be required. Right, I figured it might be rare to find an update on the old V1 CTCTWrapper code. But it is not all that huge... .I should be able to spot the part of it that isn't handled in PHP 8.  It used an API key for authorization... maybe that's the problem. Except... it failed the very day that Bluehost bumped us up to PHP 8.

WCCGoldenApple
Brand Strategist
0 Votes

I have not tagged a new release yet, as I want some testing done on it.  I did post an  update yesterday, so it should be good.  Install as normal with composer then change the version requirement to "dev-main" and do a "composer update" and you should be good to go.

Any issues, just open an issue (or PR if you want to contribute back, but not required) and I will try to get things fixed.

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello RobertD8278 ,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

The request for V3 application code samples is currently under review. However, we're currently still adding endpoints and capabilities to the V3 API, and do not plan to publish official SDKs or sample apps until that process is complete. Your feedback and experience with this request is essential to improving our product, so thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.