#2 – Lessons From a 25-Year Serial Entrepreneur with Ramon Ray

Kyle_R
Administrator

Becoming a serial entrepreneur wasn’t in Ramon Ray’s original plan. After owning five businesses, selling three, and preparing to launch several more, Ramon can see how his experiences have changed how he runs his businesses.
Becoming a serial entrepreneur wasn’t in Ramon Ray’s original plan.

As a child, he dreamed of becoming an FBI agent. But Ramon had an entrepreneurial spirit and launched a one-person computer consulting side hustle while he was still working full-time at the United Nations. While that business wasn’t the right fit for Ramon long-term, it fueled his hunger to run his own business and introduced him to the online space and the world of content.

After owning five businesses, selling three, and preparing to launch several more, Ramon can see how his experiences have changed how he runs his businesses. 

“In 2005, buying the first domain — it was transactional, just survival. But, as we get older, we get wiser, and now I’m very purposefully thinking, I want to build generational wealth. I want to give money to others. I want to live a little better life today,” he explains.

Ramon joins host Dave Charest, Director of Small Business Success at Constant Contact, on this week’s episode. Ramon shares his continued focus on incorporating marketing into all aspects of his business and leaning into social media trends.

Meet the Guest: Ramon Ray of ZoneofGenius.com

💵 What he does: Ramon is an entrepreneur, small business expert, and motivational speaker. He has sold three of the five businesses he has owned. His current projects are Zone of Genius and BWC Daily

💡 Key quote: “Some people out there [are] always looking for a buck. … Instead of looking for the sale first, why not consider doing things just to build brand and awareness? Sometimes people ask me, You do this for free? You don't make any money? Why did you fly there just to speak, when they didn't pay you? You never know who is in the audience — someone is sitting in the front row and then he hires me to speak. So, if I can add value, why not live that way?”

👋 Where to find him: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram

Get your questions answered on an upcoming episode.