cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens to Customer Feedback? Understanding Ideas & Statuses

We’re frequently asked what we do with our customer’s feedback. It’s a great question, and we cover that process here. When your feedback is submitted to the Community it is labeled as an idea and each idea has a status assigned to it. What on earth do these statuses mean? I’ll explain.

Idea VOC board.jpgOur teams keep your ideas & feedback in front of them at all times. Our teams take these ideas and challenge one another to see them implemented.New: This one is pretty easy. When you submit an idea it defaults to the new status. A member of our Voice of the Customer (VOC) team will read and take action on all new ideas, and assign it a different status.status new.jpg

Open Questions: When a member of our team needs more information to better understand your feedback, they’ll reply to your idea with a few questions and mark it with the “Open Questions” status. If you see this status on an idea and have information or a use case to contribute, please do so!open questions.jpg

Voting Open: Your idea will be labeled “Voting Open” when we hope to get a better understanding of how “in demand” your idea is with our other customers. If you see this status on an idea and you like it and want to see it implemented then vote for it! Adding additional feedback and use cases to the thread is great, too!

voting open.jpg

Certified Great Idea: This could mean a few things. This means a member of our product delivery team has begun work on this idea. This could mean a UX team member has begun looking into designs, or our development team has begun to implement the idea. Typically we will give you an update when we know more! certified great idea.jpg

Coming Soon:  This status indicates that our development team is nearing completion on a feature, or that an issue is almost resolved.Coming Soon status.jpg

Closed – Implemented:  Once we release a feature that you’ve asked for or fixed an issue that you’ve brought to light, we mark it as “Closed-Implemented” and reply to the thread with more details. HOORAY!closed implemented status.jpg

Now that you have a better understanding of our Idea statuses, go ahead and take a stroll through our Feedback boards. Make sure to add your voice and like the ideas that speak to you!

Patrick_W

I've been with Constant Contact since 2008. Helping small businesses and non profits be successful with their online marketing is what has brought me to work each and every day. As a member of the VOC (Voice of the customer) Team, my job is to take all customer feedback I can get my hands on, understand it, quantify it, and report it out to our Product and Development teams.