The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October 16th, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

Ability to save and reuse a block or content in other campaigns

We often send similar content to different audiences in different campaigns. It would be so helpful to be able to copy sections of content from a past campaign to a new one (without losing formatting, links, etc.)

Thanks!

56 Comments
Occasional Contributor

Thank you to JeffP08400 for your thoughtful comment on this 'situation'.  As you can see from the rather long string of members commenting, this is a real problem in terms of time wasted recreating already designed blocks. I, like you, use a variety of 'backdoor' cut-and-paste methods as a work-around, but all of these need some redesign by me as much but not all of the formatting moves.  As Pro-Art also commented, you can copy an entire campaign and then tweak it, which I do also utilize.  However, there are always changes/updates being made between similar campaigns, as we are a membership organization and are always updating our event information, i.e. who is participating, updated deadlines, etc...  The solution to me is simple -- return the HTML function for the blocks or get the programmers working on a block storage solution.  

Is there a way to copy blocks from an old campaign into a new one? I can't seem to figure it out, but surely it must exist. I saw another post that suggested copying an old campaign and customizing from there, but that's not adequate. I need to combine elements from several campaigns. Thanks!

Never mind, I chatted with support and--despite finding many requests for this feature dating back years--it still doesn't exist. <<disappointed emoji>>

Seriously, how is not a thing? Having to recreate elements from scratch across multiple emails just to have consistency is ridiculous.

Constant Contact has so many issues. Not user friendly at all. Even the most basic ideas such as copy and pasting blocks between campaigns is not possible. It's 2020. Make your service more user friendly or we're moving to another email service.

Regular Visitor

Even though I understand why we cannot work in the HTML level with the newer templates, I miss being able to copy whole sections that would include links, pictures, formatting, etc. I can copy a section within a campaign, but not copy from one campaign to another (sigh).

So, the answer is no? You can't? Really wish I could do this too!

Occasional Organizer

We often use the same content in different email campaigns that are going to different audiences.  It would be great if there was an option to copy an entire block of content from one email campaign to another.  Right now, it seems the only option is to recreate the block and copy/paste the copy and go find the same photo in the library.

It is amazing to me that this is still an open thread after 3 years. We run a small college and regularly mix and match previously created content blocks into new mailings. Having to recreate every time is a huge productivity hit.

It’s been 2 1/2 years; what is the procedure to get this elevated to get CC’s attention?  Or at least an official response?

Occasional Contributor

Agreed!

Regular Visitor

I agree with MichaelM6968.

Come on, guys.

Hi everyone! We apologize this tool is not yet available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. Though we are still collecting feedback through this thread. In fact the more requests we receive the higher a priority it can be given with our Product Team.  I did also want to make you aware we have read your feedback, as all feedback is read by Constant Contact employees. I apologize while we may not respond to every comment – it is acknowledged. So thank you for submitting your feedback on our templates. We are always open to ways we can better our user’s experience! In fact, here is a section of our Community that helps explain what we do with our customer’s feedback.

It is pretty clear that nothing is going to change on this. Software is supposed to make your life easier, and while it may be that way for some of the users for Constant Contact, it certainly is not for me. Updates should add, not take away functionality, and that is what we have been dealing with for so long. Pretty ridiculous at this point.

Occasional Contributor

+1 please add this feature. It is one of the most frustrating things about using this platform.

I've been asking for this function for 5 years now.  I send out many different campaigns as we have five business locations and different target markets.  There are blocks that are constant in each campaign and I have to recreate them each time.   It seems like a very simple function that would save many people the time and effort to continuously recreate the same blocks over and over.  Please add this as a function.  Help your customers save time.  We've been with CC for many years but it may be time to look for other alternative solutions that are more user-friendly and efficient.