Want different bullet types

Want different bullet types

I tried to copy and paste a different type of bullet (sideways arrowhead) into the eblast and it was not allowing it..I finally called the Constant Contact Team and they confirmed that at this time in Constant Contact, there is really only once choice of bullets (Round) that we can use...is it possible that in the very near future...we can see different types of bullet points that we can use...this would really be a good feature to have...hopefully your competitor wont think of this feature to add...before you do!! Many thanks. A.A.

20 Comments
Occasional Visitor

After being in business this long I would have expected CC to have addressed this issue by now. Right now one of your support techs are working on my email to properly add bullet points. That person is struggling too. Time to light the fire and get going on fixing or replacing this editing tool. I've been with CC for 4+ years and I keep thinking that they know this is their weak link but nothing seems to improve.

Status changed to: New

Thank you for sharing your feedback about editing.

It totally sucks. Please fix it. It keeps auto-formatting and putting div/span tags unnecessarily. If it keeps doing this we'll switch to another platform or start sending plain text emails!!!

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

It'd be great to have em-dashes and en-dashes available for use in emails. Also, the ability to align bullets would be great.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Occasional Visitor
Build tools for the Campaigns are limited. Cannot create boxes, make the bullets a different color. Was hoping that we'd be able to create a Campaign, similar to the tools we have on Microsoft Word, which is how all of our templates are created.
CTCT Employee

Hi @KenG95,

Thanks for the feedback! Could you provide some examples of things you would like to be able to do?

changing the bullet color would be a start...

Hi @Ariana_L, for us, we'd like to be able to use arbitrary (small) text or images  as bullet points, change the color, etc..  Specifically, we were hoping to add colored checkmarks as bullet points.

Occasional Advisor

yes, we wanted to add checkmarks for bullets too. 

Occasional Advisor

I just tried adding this code to create the checkmarks and it worked fine:

Example

HTML code:

<p>&#10004; milk<br>&#10004; butter<br>&#10004; bread<p>

Preview:

✔ milk
✔ butter
✔ bread

Of course you have to use/copy the legacy emails for this to work, cause the new 3rd gen editor doesn't allow you to edit the HTML - which I really DO NOT like. 

It would be great to have different options for bullets for multiple levels, having just black, round bullets as an option is crazy! 

All Star

I'm fairly new to CC but am seeing threads that are very old - like years old, in regards to bullet customization, spacing etc.  The linespacing feature doesn't work that great.  Any bullets seem to be immune to any line spacing - how come I can't space out the bullets a bit - they are really crammed together -  Most of the responses from CC say that they will incorporate these new features - but I'm seeing posts from 2014!!!!  Seriously, when will these things happen - in the mean time I have clients who are frustrated with me because I can't fix it!  I'm sure someone from the future will see my comment in maybe 2025??

- Feeling discouraged!

SusanO49 - I was wondering the exact same thing. I need my bullets to spaced out a little more since they are crammed. Here is what I did. Note - this will not help the actual line-spacing but the space between each bulleted item. Hit shift return to go the next line. The cursor will be on the next line, there will be a bullet there. Just hit the delete key and it should leave the space and remove the bullet. Now you have a space between each bullet. It would be nice to have some html editing features but from what I am reading they want to keep it limited. 

All Star

Please add more fonts, more formatting, more bullet styles, etc.! I can make a prettier newsletter in Microsoft Word. Even this suggestion box has more options than our newsletter editor.

Also, disabling the old editor in the middle of a pandemic was a poor, poor decision. I realize it was scheduled before all of this escalated, but next time, think about your customers. Communications are the most important tools we have right now and I had to spend half of a workday recreating our email template.