Does anyone know when Constant Contact changed/nullified subscribe forms?

ChrisB10
Established Member

We all know "Constantly Changing" seems to not care about alerting its customers when they change things (constantly) -- I've had a pop-up subscribe link for years that all of a sudden goes to a page that says this garbage:

"Sorry, this isn't working the way we had planned...
Our engineers have been notified. Please try again in a few minutes.
Head home | Sign up for a free trial
Connection timed out
The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed."

OF COURSE, Constantly Changing didn't bother to tell customers that it's NULLIFYING how people can sign up -- anyone know when this farce started?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A

Hello @ChrisB10 ,

I went to your website and didn't encounter any pop-up forms. I'm also only seeing an inline and pop-up form created in your account just today. Did you delete the old ones in your account? Is this in reference to the legacy landing page sign up forms, found under Basic Landing Pages of the Sign up forms tab? Are you able to provide screencaps of the error as it appears on your site? Have you tested the form on a site that has SSL certification, since your current site doesn't seem to have it? Are you running any VPNs, security software, or pop-up/ad blockers that might be interfering with 3rd party connections? If so, does safelisting our domains alleviate this issue at all?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

We are having this same problem with our sign up form for both people within our organization and those outside of it. Sometimes it works and other times users get the attached screen. That's a real challenge since we want people to sign up to receive news updates. Additionally, I ran into the problem last week while trying to verify a new account email. I was able to finally get through last week while working with Customer Service, but I think it was more luck than anything.  We have tried using different browsers,  have used devices off our network, used phones, etc. When it doesn't work, nothing seems to work, then randomly one will get through. I'm at a loss on how to advise our visitors to sign up when they cannot reach the link. Thanks for any info you can provide!

UCare_Providers_0-1645644034258.png

Since we've received additional info on the Cloudflare issues, our engineers have identified the issue and are collecting additional information on it. So our engineers can address the issue, please provide the following information:

• your connection speed (including the expanded more info section)
  • are you experiencing any slowness with any other websites or areas of your CTCT account?
  • Are you using a VPN?
  • your general geographical location (i.e. major city or general directional region of state/province)
  • Does the issue occur across all browsers, or only certain ones? Does it occur while in Incognito / Private browsing?

Since the info you'd be providing can potentially contain sensitive info, we ask that you reply directly to the @ mention email you receive from this response, or call our general support to provide them the information. Thank you for any information you can provide for our engineers!

William A
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article