How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

Adjust timing before "Are you still working?" message pops up

Could you please change the length of time it takes to get logged out due to inactivity? I find it kicks me out too quickly and a constantly logging back in. Thanks!

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

The automatic logout is for security reasons, as your account contains sensitive information (Contacts, credit card info, etc.). After 15 minutes of inactivity, you should see an overlay asking if you are still working-- which will stay up for another 15 minutes. 

We can't guarantee a commitment to increase the automated time out but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be considered for a future release.

42 Comments
SHalps
Rookie

What's up CC?  I finally get around to searching why I have to constantly log back into CC and see this depressingly long thread addressing the same question for years!

Seems like enough of your users are equally frustrated yet you make no effort to make adjustments.  If I were to handle my customer service operation the same way, I would be out of a job.

I work in an office and am the only one with access to my computer and know that it is secure.  So unless you have eyes on my workspace, I would think that you should trust me to manage my own affairs and let me decide how frequently I should log in and out of CC.

YCRE
Rookie

"What's up CC?  I finally get around to searching why I have to constantly log back into CC and see this depressingly long thread addressing the same question for years!

Seems like enough of your users are equally frustrated yet you make no effort to make adjustments.  If I were to handle my customer service operation the same way, I would be out of a job.

I work in an office and am the only one with access to my computer and know that it is secure.  So unless you have eyes on my workspace, I would think that you should trust me to manage my own affairs and let me decide how frequently I should log in and out of CC."

-- this

EricS8763
Rookie

The constant need to login is ridiculous, especially for people who are working on multiple projects at one time. It's very annoying to have to login over and over again as it impacts my workflow in a big way. The "are you still working" (or whatever it says) message is also annoying as when I say yes, it logs me out and still makes me log back in. I usually need to make edits several times a day and don't want to have to login every single time. Please change this! It's not like I'm working on a laptop using public wifi - I'm always on a secure network.

MatthewP66
Rookie

MatthewP66
Rookie

If you must log the account off automatically/so frequently, could you at least have it direct to the sign-in page so that I know I have to sign back in to make any changes and any changes made are not lost when I go to save only to THEN realize that I was "logged out due to inactivity". 

ErinD857
Rookie

Please at least let us decide for ourselves how long we want to stay logged on in our own settings.

EVMarcom
Rookie

I'd like to add my name to this very long list of complaints. 15 minutes is WAY too short of a time to be logged out, and this adds to my already busy day. I get why you have this set up for customers that maybe will work on their accounts at a public library or some such place, but what about those of us at our own computers that only we use? Please figure this out!

JohnB4502
Rookie

I agree, the constant logging back in make it so infuriating. 

PaulC966
Rookie

This is ridiculous.  I keep getting logged out.  And your site is s - l - o - w.  I could the seconds (usually 10-15) between when I click on a button or try to do anything and your application has to wake up, churn, and then you tell me I have to log back in.  So Frustrating.  

RobertU75
Campaign Contributor

I am very annoyed by Constant Contact logging me off while I am working. I don't want to be told it is for security. I know that I want security AND I don't want to be annoyed. Figure something out!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More