[Events 2.0] Generate/Print Event Roster, Allow QR scans for check-in, Make check-ins easier

create easy way to print a roster of event participants for check-in

6 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hello,

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Hi, is there a way, with the event function, that everyone who registers - receives a QR code ticket for them to check -in when they arrive at the physical location?
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @yeventsregistrar. At this time, QR codes aren't included as part of the registration process. We have an open feature request for this idea so I'm merging your post into that thread. If we have updates to share, you'll be notified. 

BiffB
Rookie

QR codes used to print on the ticket. We host an annual convention and have used that for check-in for at least the last 3-4 years and just noticed today (our event is this weekend) that they no longer print on the tickets. It's going to be a major problem for check-in and we're in the process of scrambling to try to come up with a solution.

AngieL352
Rookie

I'm very frustrated that you have eliminated some key features from Events with the changeover to the new platform. Today, I'm just trying to be able to print the information from each of my registrant's. When I click on the individual ticket, it shows a partial bit of info, then has the option to view more. When I view more, it brings up a pop up box with the info I would like to print, but without the name of the ticket holder. In the old platform, all of the ticket-holder details would be visible on the main page and I would just CtrlP to print the page. I used this printout as a hard copy to keep on file and to add notes about my contacts with this ticket-holder. 

Also, I would like to have the simple printable report of the names of the registrants, their payment status, etc. There used to be a basic, nicely setup form just to give me a quick list. Now the only way I can get a quick and up-to-date list is to re-create a custom export file every time. It's time-consuming just to get a quick and complete list. You should have some basic reports that are already set up and ready to print...not just a cumbersome Excel spreadsheet. 

I feel like the new platform has taken away many basic features like this that used to make my job easier. 

Jesus_F
Employee

Hi @AngieL352. Thanks for your feedback. Improving the registration information page so that all details are included in a single view for printing accessibility is a great suggestion! I understand the use case and why this would be beneficial to you. I'll work with our design team on this one. 

Regarding the quick reports, I understand that the previous version allowed for swift, exportable PDF versions of those tables. We have that in our backlog to address after we resolve some of the higher-impact feature requests our customers are asking for. I am curious, however, if you ever find yourself using the "Export" option in our Registrants & Orders tables. This option should provide you with those data points you're looking for without all of the extra data that is included in our Full & Custom reports. Examples below. 

Registrants table  

I have 15 total registrants here, but the view is set only to show 10. Despite this, when I use the quick export option, I'll receive a .csv file that includes all registrants with the same information presented in the table view (Full name, email, registration date/status, payment status, tickets purchased/redeemed, and registration/order total.

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 9.09.02 AM.png

Here's what that report looks like when I import the file into Google Sheets. 

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 9.11.37 AM.png

The same can be done in our Orders & Tickets—Sold reports. While this doesn't support the request for a printable view, I'm hoping it can help you receive that basic report without the additional data points that may not be as helpful to you. 

Lastly, if you have any other feedback you'd like to share about the platform and features you feel have been taken away, you're welcome to DM me here. I'd love to hear from you and learn where else you think we need to do better. 

Thanks! 
Jesus F. 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More