How to Leverage Shopify in your Marketing

[Events 2.0] Notifications When Someone Registers

In Legacy events there was an option to send the organizer an email when someone registers for the event. I'm not seeing that option in Events 2.0 - can that option be added back??? Thank you!

88 Comments
KateB447
Rookie

I ditto everyone else above. It is very frustrating not getting an email when someone registers and make event planning so much harder. Please fix it soon! 

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @KateB447 @LauraM051 and @RobertF238,

I am happy to report this feature is on the way and expected sometime next month!

Nick_S
Administrator
Status changed to: Planned

BrianRW
Rookie

Nick,

Are you also going to adding back in the feature to change payment status from Pending to Paid for people who have registered for an event?

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @BrianRW,

Yes! The option to manually change a registrant's payment status is coming next month, as well!

RobertF238
Constant Contact Partner

Nick, what about this issue which is so important: 

When the customer receives their email confirmation they receive no details of what they registered for such as arrival/departue date,  the meetings/social functions/activities of all the questions I built into the registration form.  How is a customer to know what they signed up for?????   

Nick_S
Administrator

I have reached out about this request and once I get a response I'll reply to your post again. Thank you for your patience!

AnneK39
Marketing Legend
How to receive notification from Con Cont when anyone registers for event? I used to receive notifications when anyone signed up for one of my "Legacy" events. I've already had someone sign up for the "NEW" events, after April 1, 2024 - and I get no notifications. That's a problem. How and where do I annotate in an event to send the organizer an email every time someone registers - just like the "Legacy" events used to do.
AnneK39
Marketing Legend

This is a problem for our business as well. I agree, why fix what wasn't broken. We created a whole new calendar of events. Very frustrating.

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi @RobertF238,

I spoke with the Event product manager and he appreciated the ask. Right now it's not on the road map and the idea is that the email is intended to just be a transactional receipt of their registration. There is the possibility that the email could get particularly long and potentially unwieldy if a lot of information is displayed depending on how much the event organizer asks people to fill out.

He's considering it, though! Maybe there could be a potential opt-in setting for people that would want it displayed. In the near future the road map appears to be quite full, but he didn't rule out revisiting it later in the year. If I hear anything more I'll follow up!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More