Join Us in Celebrating Small Business Week!

[Events 2.0] Notifications When Someone Registers

In Legacy events there was an option to send the organizer an email when someone registers for the event. I'm not seeing that option in Events 2.0 - can that option be added back??? Thank you!

88 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

user413179
Rookie

Definitely need this feature! I found instructions to set it up, so I got excited, but it turns out that feature no longer exists. Absolutely essential, in part because logging in to check is such a hassle.

FerrariAZ
Brand Influencer

The new events format has several deficiencies about which I have called customer service for two months but none have been fixed even though I have also spoken to supervisors.

Allow people to see who else has registered for events.

Receive notification when someone registers.

When you first go into events, the page that lists all events used to show how many have registered but now it requires going into Manage – a totally unnecessary extra step.

When creating an event there used to be a box where you could enter a Close By Date or a Maximum Number – now that requires going a new form – again an unnecessary step that is waste of time.

LaurenJ57
Campaign Contributor

We used to receive a confirmation email when someone registered for one of our events. Now we only receive payment confirmation. There is no way to know which event that person even registered before. When is this feature coming back? We have been patiently waiting for over a month or more and still no resolution. We might have to look for another option for our events. 

I worked with my Constant Contact advisor this morning and neither of us could find how to get notifications in the new Event platform. The previous platform alerted me when someone registered for one of my event and now I'm not getting notifications any longer when someone registers. Please add that feature back! 

AndrewC180
Rookie

I just used your new event platform.  We have always used Constant Contact as a platform for my Vendors to register for the events, not for patrons.  

One important part of that process was receiving a copy of the vendor's registration so my individual event coordinators could enter those vendors into our system to track payments, special booth needs, and enter them into our system.  

I have not yet found an option in the new event tool that allows me to receive a copy of each vendor's registration like we did in the past.  There was a question "do you want to receive a copy of the registration confirmation" and it would be sent to the email we associated with each event.  

I really need this fixed asap if we are going to keep using this product, I am trying to open up all my events April- July this week. 

JimL992
Rookie

Not even the main contact receives notification of event registrations under Constant Contact's new beta events. The only way to identify registrations is to log into Constant Contact which is not an options for most of our Board members. It is a nightmare and I am now searching for a new event managers. Constant Contact is no longer workable.

DouglasB865
Marketing Legend
In the old event management configuration, there was a setting to notify us when someone signed up for an event. Where is it in the new platform? I have customers signing up for events and I am not being notified...
DavidB448
Rookie
I would like to receive an email (as the event host) each time someone registers for my event. Is this possible? If yes, then how?
KMC.Texas
Campaign Collaborator

Very disappointing that these notifications have not been working for months now.  How difficult is it to send an email when a purchase is made?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More