[Events 2.0] ability to have late registration and early bird fees

0 Votes

I'm going to add my voice to the need to add an early bird pricing option, so we don't have to either have twice as many tickets or have to go in and manually change everything at the early bird cutoff date.  

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

The current method of doing this in the events tool is to setup separate tickets for early and late registration, with availability dates based on when you want these pricings to be available. For more info on setting up your events' tickets, please see our main article on the topic

5 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

The current method of doing this in the events tool is to setup separate tickets for early and late registration, with availability dates based on when you want these pricings to be available. For more info on setting up your events' tickets, please see our main article on the topic

TimothyN088
Rookie

The new registration platform is lacking important features that the old one had:

1. There is no option to see who else has registered.
  2. There is no way to add a "late fee" category.
  3. Paypal and Wepay should both be payment options.

Please add these features back. The old platform was superior!

1230Jackie
Constant Contact Partner
Has anyone else had "issues" with the latest Upgrade to version 2.0? I run a support network for businesswomen. The website contains a Calendar https://1230.co.uk/calendar/ where people can click through to Constant Contact set up to book and pay their place, this then goes through to PayPal for payment. I had great difficulty in setting up this. Spek to CC Support and was told each meeting had to be recreated from scratch. More difficulties, Spoke with CC Support who said, no, you just Migrate each one. Time moved on, I still had difficulties, spoke to an extremely helpful CC Support person, who advised I wasn't alone and created the initial meetings set up for m. So helpful. BUT... With the earlier version, I would set up a Member fee and a non-member fee, plus Early Bird payment. This mean setting up 2 tickets, one for each, and adjust the Calendar within that set up to cope with the Early Bird changes. The helpful CC Support person discovered that to cope with the Early Bird fees, 4 separate tickets now have to be created!!! Along the way, I also asked why the Events weren't appearing on the website, via a Widget and was told, that there was something wrong with the Widget and to contact the widget developers. I did, they and I spent 4 days trying to get this to work. Without success. I've just come off a Chat with Support, who told me that the latest upgrade 2.0 doesn't work with the Widgets. I'm really disappointed and should be glad to know when CC will be resolving these issues. Many thanks for taking the trouble to read this sad saga.
1230Jackie
Constant Contact Partner

I tried to edit my above content to make more legible, but without success  :frown:  Anyway, I've since discovered from very helpful CC SupportL

- The CC code doesn't work with the Widgets plugin. ie so that the events listed in my CC account can't now be listed directly on my website.

- The Early Bird fees feature no longer works as in the earlier version and v2 is, in my opinion, more cumbersome and much more time-consuming. eg if I have 2 levels of payment for an event, Member/non-member and 3 days prior to the event the price increases for both. Previously it was just a tweak on the calendar setting of the event, now, in v2 it's necessary to create 4 tickets (instead of 2) and manually calculate when one finishes and the increased price starts.

Also, 2 versions ago, it was possible for the events to automatically feed into an email.newsletter. Loved this time-saving feature!

CC - Any plans to bring this back?

CC - are there any plans to improve the above pleeeeaaaase?

I like the look of the v2 resulting Landing Page and Booking page.

1230Jackie
Constant Contact Partner

I tried to edit my above content to make more legible, but without success  

1230Jackie_0-1712828446593.png

Anyway, I've since discovered from very helpful CC SupportL

- The CC code doesn't work with the Widgets plugin. ie so that the events listed in my CC account can't now be listed directly on my website.

- The Early Bird fees feature no longer works as in the earlier version and v2 is, in my opinion, more cumbersome and much more time-consuming. eg if I have 2 levels of payment for an event, Member/non-member and 3 days prior to the event the price increases for both. Previously it was just a tweak on the calendar setting of the event, now, in v2 it's necessary to create 4 tickets (instead of 2) and manually calculate when one finishes and the increased price starts.

Also, 2 versions ago, it was possible for the events to automatically feed into an email.newsletter. Loved this time-saving feature!

CC - Any plans to bring this back?

CC - are there any plans to improve the above pleeeeaaaase?

I like the look of the v2 resulting Landing Page and Booking page.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Read More
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More