[Events 2.0] Event date selection error when copying a Legacy Event to Events 2.0

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

When copying a past Legency Event, the copied event does not allow you to set the event date beyond March 2024 in Event Basics.

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PeterT4965 ,

I had no issues migrating legacy events to the new system and setting dates beyond March 2024. I tested in your account as well - see the "CSCTEST_MIGRATION:" event that I successfully activated and cancelled. Remember you need to use the explicit Migrate option at the top of a legacy event to make the conversion, not just the default copy option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Migrate option is failing - getting an error message "An error has occurred, please try again or contact Customer Support for immediate assistance." 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Is the legacy event still in draft format, or has it been activated at some point? Does activating it allow it to be migrated?

William A
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Yes, the copy of the Legacy Event is still in draft. I activated it and was unable to migrate the event using the "Migrate" button in the upper right corner.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Then I'd advise calling in for live troubleshooting.

William A
PeterT4965
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Done! Migrate was unknown to customer service. After checking with next-level tech support, this is a known defect. 

AnneK39
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I just tried migrating my remaining legacy events, about 6, to the new format. Not one of them worked. Each time I got this error message: "An error has occurred, please try again or contact Customer Support for immediate assistance." Suggestions?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @AnneK39. Thank you for reaching out about this message you're seeing when attempting to migrate your event. It's best to speak directly with our Support team who can take some screenshots of the error messaging and do live troubleshooting with you.  

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (79%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST