Total Tickets sold

DouglasB865
Marketing Legend
0 Votes
We use event manager. We give virtual seminars. Maximum attendance is 10. in the old system I could set a max attendance. In the new platform you set max number of tickets. We have people who attend and just pay the seminar fee. Other pay the fee and buy a trainer. Other pay the fee and buy a better trainer. The total attendance can not exceed 10. With the new platform I make out a ticket for the course. Another ticket for the course and trainer. Another ticket for the course and better trainer. Each has a max setting. If I set them to 10, as I may have 10 that attend and buy a basic trainer, or 10 that attend and buy a advanced trainer, the total tickets is 30. I want a max of 10 no matter what ticket they purchase. Where do I set max tickets of all tickets combined?
5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DouglasB865 ,

The setup you're trying to do wouldn't be possible at this time in the newer event's beta.

That said, once items are available as part of the registration "merch," I'd advise using those for your supplemental trainer fees. That way your ticket max is set to 10, but additional trainers can be added on, without having to make a whole new ticket. With this kind of setup, once the event's maximum of 10 tickets are sold (regardless of the number of trainer items purchased, none of the options will be available and registration will close automatically. Then if a registration is cancelled and a ticket opens, whatever was available will be again.

At this time, we do not have a hard ETA on the release of free/sellable items within the events 2.0 beta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DouglasB865
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks for the response. So what your suggesting with  the merch is not available?

Also, the purchase of a trainer is a one to one relationship. If they register one person, they can buy one trainer. I do not think the  merch  feature will work that way will it?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

No it wouldn't function like that, merch would be handled separately from the ticket sales. However if you're already limiting the number of tickets purchasable by a single person to one, then you'd likely want to setup your trainer "merch" to have similar limited quantities per registration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DouglasB865
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Good  afternoon

Got it. That would work. We do offer  3 different trainers so I would hope the merch feature would limit total purchase. In other words they purchase one admission to the seminar and  one of the 3 types of trainers.

Thank  You

ShaneD080
Brand Visionary

Also having issue with total tickets sold.  We also offer seminars with an early, regular, and late registration.  The new system is forcing 3 ticket types.  I understand I could offer a early discount promo code but that doesn't solve the late registrations.  There should be an option for total ticket sales no matter the type like there was before.  Even the older platform would allow for early, regular, and late pricing on the same ticket

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST