What is wrong with the editor????

ColinTM
Rookie
0 Votes

They changed it AGAIN and it is BROKEN again I am trying to change fonts and one of the text blocks DOESN'T HAVE SIZE, FONT or other options!!! Tried two different browsers What is wrong THIS TIME???

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ColinTM ,

I checked your account, and you're still using the old 3GE builder for your emails - nothing has changed in it in the past several years as we've moved on to the CPE for building emails. I checked every single text block in your latest draft email, and all of them had the floating toolbar with font, size, and all the other expected font formatting options for the 3ge text block toolbar.

Are you sure the block you had selected wasn't an image block? You do have several of those throughout the email, with some even setup to look like sections of text, that are simply linked to elsewhere on your organization's (or a related) site. 

I'd advise making the switch to our current email builder sooner rather than later, as the 3GE builder will inevitably fully retire. The CPE also has more formatting options for the entirety of the email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ColinTM
Rookie
0 Votes

While you write confidently, my experience is different than your statements.

The builder has changed in several ways and has become unstable. 

If this is an out of date tool, I am unclear how I would have known I should be upgrading. 

1. when pasting in materials from elsewhere, the edit options for fonts, size, etc are not available. I need to strip all formatting out by pasting the text into a raw text editors and then enter it. 

2. The tool bar appeared at the top of the screen and not as a floating bar part of the time and then switched back

3. I am happy to move to the new editor, which I did not know existed and have not seen information about. Is there an upgrade guide for that process? Will I need to start from scratch with my emails? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @ColinTM.  I'm not able to replicate the pasting issue. William asked what type of block you were using and it would be helpful if you could provide us with a screenshot of what you are seeing after you paste your text so we can continue troubleshooting.

If you wish to use the newer editor, the emails will need to be recreated.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
RodneyG01296
Rookie
0 Votes

they moved everything to the top of the screen.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST