400 http.status.bad_request ... Our service is temporarily down

AnalyticsEdge
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

When trying to query the V2 API for any campaign details for specific clients (opens, sends, bounces, etc), I am getting this error.  It seems to affect only a handful of client accounts so far, but it seems to indicate a problem somewhere.

Mike Sullivan is the founder of Analytics Edge, providing simple Excel-based report automation products for individuals and small businesses.
1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

We’ve recently had some reports of the error “Http.status.bad_request Our service is temporarily down. Please try again later” and are looking into the root cause. What we have found so far is that accounts with special characters in their usernames are affected, while accounts that have strictly alphanumeric usernames will not get this error. Currently the only workaround is to change the affected account’s Constant Contact username in order for the V2 API call to work correctly.

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5889-change-user-name-or-login-name

This error has been submitted for review and investigation by our engineering team. If you have any time stamped logs specific to when this started happening, and/or if you could advise whether/when you were able to make those calls successfully to the affected accounts previously, it may be able to help us narrow down what happened. Your feedback and experience with this defect is essential to improving our product, so thank you for reaching out to us regarding this matter. We look forward to finding the root cause of this issue so that it can be resolved.

Please let us know via email at webservices@constantcontact.com, and reference case number 28489166.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.