API- How can we get the sent date of an campaign activity?

user6365
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi,

We've been using this endpoint Get /emails/activities/{campaign_activity_id} to get campaign activities detail information but noticed that it doesn't give us the date that an campaign activity was sent out instead of created date. Is it possible to get that "sent date" included in the response? I can see the UI displays the sent date on each campaign. Why wouldn't we include that in the endpoint response? It would be more helpful to have the "sent date" than "created date".

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello user6365,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

So, to get the send date for a campaign, first you'll need to make a GET call to /emails. Campaigns returned with "current_status": "Done", are emails that have been sent. You'll use the "campaign_id" from the desired sent email for the next step. 

GET a Collection of Email Campaigns
https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Email_Campaigns/retrieveEmailCam...

Using the "campaign_id" you'll now make a GET call to /emails/{campaign_id}. For the initial send, you'll want the "campaign_activity_id" for "role": "primary_email". You can also get the "campaign_activity_id" for "role": "resend" if the campaign has been re-sent and you need the date(s) for those as well.

GET Details About a Single Email Campaign
https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Email_Campaigns/retrieveEmailCam...

Using the campaign_activity_id you will now make a GET call to /reports/email_reports/{campaign_activity_id}/tracking/sends. The "created_time" on the contact sends will indicate when the email was sent.

GET an Email Sends Report
https://v3.developer.constantcontact.com/api_reference/index.html#!/Email_Reporting/getSends

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
AnalyticsEdge
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Just a bit of feedback on this item - the sent time should be included with the Get /emails/activities/{campaign_activity_id}. Using the .../tracking/sends endpoint is potentially a very big query that may not be required. That way, reporting could include the from_email, subject, etc as well as the sent time for the primary email and the resend. This would be a typical reporting request.

Mike Sullivan is the founder of Analytics Edge, providing simple Excel-based report automation products for individuals and small businesses.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.