API Scheduling and Contact List Updating

PeteT3
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm curious to know at what point in the create, schedule, send process CTCT actually grabs email addresses from a given contact list. Specifically, if I create a campaign today and schedule it to go out next Monday to three different Contact Lists, and then later in the week I add/remove a contact from one of those lists, will those changes be reflected when the campaign is actually sent?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions 

about building into Constant Contact's API.

It looks like we've already followed up with you directly via email, but here is the information provided for visibility on the forum:

The campaign will pull contacts from the list(s) at the time of send. If you were to schedule your email for later, but made changes to your list(s) between when you scheduled the email and when the email was actually sent, it would send to the current list members, reflecting any changes made up until that point.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.