API calls return Forbidden

GaylynnD
Rookie
0 Votes

My system was working last month, but I have updated it as per instructions to point to the new authentication APIs.  I am able to get a token back, with the correct scopes (contact_data).  However whenever I try to to make a call to "https://api.cc.email/contacts" I get a Forbidden error message.  Looking at the documentation, I noticed that this might mean the application is deactivated, so I create a new application to use.  This new app, with new client ID and client Secret is still returning forbidden.

If I test things via the developer example pages,  I am getting correct results.

Any thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello GaylynnD,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I was unable to find any keys created via the account you are posting from, and so was not able to verify within our logs what the issue may be.

I’ll be following up directly via email to request some additional information and provide some additional steps regarding updating existing V3 apps to our new authorization management service.

If you haven't received our reply (sent to the email address on file with your account), please let us know via email at webservices@constantcontact.com, and reference case number 29691176.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.