Authorization URL Is No Longer Supported When Trying to Integrate API

AestheticaLA
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi Team,

Just wondering if I could get some insight as to why we're getting this error message when attempting to connect the Constant Contact API to our contact form plugin for WordPress. It was hooked up properly up until around last month, then got disconnected. When I try reconnecting it, it redirects and I receive the following error:

[{"error_key":"authorization.server.deprecated","error_message":"This authorization url is no longer supported. Please update your application and send any further authorization requests to https://authz.constantcontact.com/oauth2/default/v1/authorize."}]

I looked into it and I know back in March the Authorization Service changed URLs, however, the application I'm using for the API does not give me an "Outdated OAuth2 Configuration" error, like our old App, so it doesn't appear to be out of date.

Any advice?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello AestheticaLA,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Based on the pop-up form on your website, it looks like you may have already resolved this issue, but for visibility on the forum, here is the information:

To provide improved security, Constant Contact's V3 API  is now using a new authorization management service, and has ended support for the previous service/keys as of March 31, 2022, with the service officially ending as of September 7th, 2022.

If the issue is occurring with a 3rd Party WordPress plugin to connect with Constant Contact, you can check for updates in WordPress, contact the developer of the integration/plugin directly to see if/when the updated version will be available, and/or let us know which WordPress plugins/forms that you use so that we can better assist. (Common plugins we see being used by customers are “Gravity Forms” and “Contact Form 7”.) 

You will need to copy the key (or create a new one), update the plugin in WordPress, and then connect the updated key to the updated plugin in order to ensure the continued functionality of the form.

*If you are not sure who the developer is or how to contact them, please let us know the name of the 3rd party plugin/integration/form that you are using and any additional relevant information so that we can try to provide further direction.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.