Automated Email Series API Automation

SOLVED
Go to solution
KevinW745
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi,

I want to use an Automated Email Series so that when a new user is added to a list, a series of emails are sent to that user. Is there a way to verify if an email was sent to a given user via the API?

Another question: Currently, It seems that Campaigns have a "current_status" property via /emails/{campaign_id}. Are Automated Email Series considered to be campaigns available to that api call? If so, what would be the "type" property. In the documentation, I only see: 

[Newsletter, Custom Code Email, Announcement, Product/Service News, Business Letter, Card, Press release, Flyer, Feedback Request, Ratings and Reviews, Event Announcement, Simple Coupon, Sale Promotion, Product Promotion, Membership Drive, Fundraiser]

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KevinW745,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The Automated Email campaigns are not currently available through our API. They will be added in a future update; however at this time we do not have an ETA.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
Tier II API Support Engineer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jimmy_D
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KevinW745,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact's API Support.

The Automated Email campaigns are not currently available through our API. They will be added in a future update; however at this time we do not have an ETA.

Regards,
Jimmy D.
KevinW745
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the response!

It's fine, there's no rush as we figured out a workflow that works.

FadyY8
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hey Kevin what is the workflow you came up with? I tried to automate this process and I got it to partially work (only when I am authenticated to their UI portal).  a normal website user would't know how to do all that so I am trying to make it within the server but can't find any responses

MichelleG3808
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, can users added to an Automated Email campaign via API (Gravity Forms) able to receive drip campaigns yet?

Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello MichelleG3808,

_

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

_

Contacts added by 3rd party forms/integrations/plugins, are able to receive automated emails based on two factors: Whether the email is added to the account with a source of "contact" or "account (which is specified in the code by whichever 3rd party built the integration), as well as whether the automation is a Welcome Email or a List Join series.

_

If using a List Join series, and a contact added to the specified list, regardless of source, will be put into queue to receive the emails for that series.

_

Welcome Email and COI behaviors when using an API or a 3rd Party Integration/Plugin/Sign-Up form

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5903-how-apis-affect-autoresponders...

_

For direct assistance with setting up an Automated Series in your account, you can reach out to our Support Team at 866-289-2101.

_

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.