CC not integrating with Jotform

JenelleS0
Rookie
0 Votes

I've used Jotform and CC integration for YEARS and suddenly it appears to be working on SOME of my forms but some show they aren't integrated - when I know they WERE. It just said "authentication failed. Failed to retrieve authentication from CC" and no place to re-authenticate. I already contacted Jotform with no luck and already cleared cache and cookies. This is a HUGE deal to me. Does anyone know why this is happening??

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello JenelleS0,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

From what I was able to find, it looks like there have been at least three versions of Jotform's 3rd party developed integration, two of which were developed using older versions of our API which were recently retired, so forms created using those two older versions are no longer going to be functional and will need to be re-connected using the newest version. 

The oldest version used our retired V1 API, and has been disabled. Currently, all V1 keys are in the process of being fully deprecated & shut down, after which the V1 endpoints being used by the application will be turned off as well. 

The version after that was built using our current V3 API to connect, but utilized our old authorization management service. To provide improved security, Constant Contact is now using a new authorization management service, and has ended support for the previous service/keys as of March 31, 2022, and the service itself was turned off on September 7th, 2022.

It does look like Jotform has a current/updated V3 version of their integration available and I was able to confirm that the instructions they provide in the video on their website appear to be up to date as well: 

How to Integrate Jot Form with Constant Contact

https://www.jotform.com/help/386-how-to-integrate-form-with-constant-contact

For any Jotform forms that you find are not connecting with Constant Contact, I'd recommend removing the old connection and then re-connecting them with the instructions in the video linked above, which should resolve the issue that you're running into with some forms not connecting while others work fine.

Please note that Jotform  is a 3rd party product and not built or supported by Constant Contact, so we are limited in the support we can provide, but will try to answer any questions to the best of our ability as they pertain to Constant Contact’s API endpoints and functionality. Constant Contact makes these endpoints available for 3rd party developers to create integrations with our system.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.