Developer Trial Account or Standard Trial Account - which do I have?

SOLVED
Go to solution
AZoN
Rookie
0 Votes

Last week my Developer/Trial account suddenly closed.  While this account was unpaid, it had an actively used Application, connected to a paid Constant Contact account.  I created the account in Sept 2022 and usually only logged in when receiving a "Your account will be inaccessible in 30 days" notification.  I may have missed one of these notifications this time and the account closed :frown:

A few days ago, I created a new Developer account, re-created the Application, and re-connected it to the paid Constant Contact account.  All is good now, however while checking into how to avoid my account from closing again in the future, I see this helpful message from Courtney... "Trial accounts created through the developer portal do not expire, whereas standard trial accounts created through the main site expire after 60 days if not converted to a paid account."

My previous account was most likely a standard trial account.  I cannot tell if the new account I created is a Developer Trial Account or Standard Trial Account.  I *think* I created it from https://developer.constantcontact.com/ but am not 100% certain as I was clicking around and didn't realize the difference until now.  Does anyone know or could someone from Constant Contact check to see which type of Trial account I have -- Developer or Standard?  I'm hoping it's a Developer Trial Account and the account won't close again on it's own.  One thing that seems to look different than before is it reports "You have 0 days left in your trial" despite just opening the account 5 days ago.  I'm hopeful this means it's a Developer Trial Account.

Many thanks,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Courtney_E
Employee

Hello Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I was able to verify that the account that you are posting from was successfully created as a non-expiring Developer Trial account through the Developer Portal.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

You can also reach our team directly/securely via email at webservices@constantcontact.com

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Courtney_E
Employee

Hello Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

I was able to verify that the account that you are posting from was successfully created as a non-expiring Developer Trial account through the Developer Portal.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

You can also reach our team directly/securely via email at webservices@constantcontact.com

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
AZoN
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you Courtney for checking on this 👍  Very relieved to hear this account will not expire.

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.