Announcing Campaign Builder!

Error mashery.not.authorized.service.requires.ssl

AdamP66
Rookie
0 Votes

Started getting this error after many months of successful use.. "Access to this service requires SSL"

Nothing has changed in my coding.

Is it possible the Constant Contact API is having an issue today?

1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello AdamP66,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

The Constant Contact API v2 requires the use of SSL with TLS v1.2 and AES encryption or better for all API calls. The leading URI for all API endpoints is https://api.constantcontact.com/v2/. You are not required to have an SSL certificate to make calls into the API. 

API Data Formats & more

https://v2.developer.constantcontact.com/docs/developer-guides/supported-methods.html

Also, as a side note:

While no date is currently set, there will be a point in the near future where our legacy V2 API will begin deprecation (potentially as soon as some point this year), as the deprecation process for our retired V1 API is nearly complete. Due to this, while we will continue to deploy critical bug fixes at this time, we will not be doing any more development for V2 or its endpoints, and strongly recommend upgrading to the V3 API to ensure you're ahead of the curve. Currently, we've already retired the V2 endpoint for Custom Code email creation, as it used an outdated version of our Custom Code editor that has been retired. If you have any questions about getting started using the V3 API, please let us know.

Please feel free to reach our team directly/securely via email at webservices@constantcontact.com with any follow-up questions.

If you would like us to look into this further with you, please include the following in your email:

TLS/SSL version in use by your application,  the API key that you are using to make the request, the full request(s) where you are receiving the response (including URL, headers, timestamp, and request body), and the full response body so that we can better assist you in identifying the root cause of the issue.

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.

Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)