Issue with API: custom data in bulk uploads

WilliamM853
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes
I am updating data in the V3 api via bulk upload, but it is not updating the custom data.
Here is the URI I cam calling:

This is the body of the call
{"import_data":[{"email":"t11@easterwebdesign.com","first_name":"Almost","last_name":"Absalom","company_name":"Easter","cf:dechexMemberID":"c3","cf:electionToken":"cdb52fa8e524257c"}],"list_ids":["ab81b330-ccc4-11ed-b245-fa163e25e9d8"]}

The call goes through fine, no errors are returned, contacts are added to the lists, but the account custom fields dechexMemberID & electionToken are not updated in the contact's records and the custom fields are blank
 in emails.
The developer guide says that all fields are updated in a bulk import (and this is how it worked in the v2 api).
Please advise!
1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
Employee
0 Votes

Hello WilliamM853,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

The syntax for "cf:custom_field_name" requires that all letters be in lowercase and spaces be replaced by underscores for the name of the custom field.

If you modify your fields in the JSON request body like below, you should see them populate correctly in the account:

"cf:dechexmemberid"

"cf:electiontoken"

For additional reference: "Custom Field 1" would be "cf:custom_field_1".

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.