Primary reason is that the API call has either not provided a valid API Key, Account Owner Name

MarcH385
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

We are in charge of 20 customer websites. Each customer has a separate (own) account. Around July 1st - July 6th, all websites stopped working with Constant Contact. By that I mean websites will no longer provide new email addresses which we get on Newsletter Sign up form and send them to the proper Constant Contact list.

When I go on my server to check to log in with the correct credentials I get this message:

Unauthorized - This is an authentication problem. Primary reason is that the API call has either not provided a valid API Key, Account Owner Name and Associated Password or the API call attempted to access a resource (URI) which does not match the same as the Account Owner provided in the login credentials.

I then went to Constant Contact to log in with the same credentials and they work.

I am concluding that something has changed on Constant Contact and knocked down all 20 of my different sites. I need help asap, as I have 20 angry customers. I have tried your main number 866 298 2101, but no matter how long I wait nobody picks up.  Please help!

I have found this article which might be related but I am not sure:
https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Developer-Support-ask-questions/V2-API-support-ending-with-...

0 REPLIES 0
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.