Only 2 Weeks Remain in the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Refresh Token Expiration and Automation

SOLVED
Go to solution
EricD536
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I understand that the refresh token is valid for 180 days. My question is, what happens after that period https://developer.constantcontact.com/api_guide/auth_overview.html#refresh-token ? I was wondering if I were to set up a cron job to update and validate the token, ensuring I get a new refresh token to extend its lifespan and will that work? What I am unclear about is if this is possible or are there some limitations I should be aware of.

My goal is to avoid requiring users to log in and obtain new tokens after 180 days. Any advice on best practices for managing token refresh and automation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello EricD536,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Refresh tokens have a lifespan of 180 days, but they only expire if the token remains unused for that duration of time.

The access token, needed to make endpoint calls, only has a lifespan of 24 hours, so every time you use a refresh token to get a new access token, that 180 day lifespan for the refresh token starts over.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello EricD536,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

Refresh tokens have a lifespan of 180 days, but they only expire if the token remains unused for that duration of time.

The access token, needed to make endpoint calls, only has a lifespan of 24 hours, so every time you use a refresh token to get a new access token, that 180 day lifespan for the refresh token starts over.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
EricD536
Rookie
0 Votes

Ahh that makes sense - thank you for answering my question.

Eric

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.