Only 2 Weeks Remain in the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Wordpress website | Constant Contact API

user92061
Rookie
0 Votes

We just implemented Constant Contact API  within our wordpress website. A few questions if anyone is kind enough to respond to:

1: Does data (our contact list) synchronization works both ways now? Does adding or deleting a contact on 1 side affects the other side and vice versa? 

2: How long will it take for the data synchronization to happen? Is it instant? 

3: One of our new staff members installed "constant contact" wordpress plugin by mistake without letting me know. It affected the API (which makes sense) so I deleted it and now API works again. I just want to be sure that since we have implemented API, we should never use the plugin (no need for it regardless after API)? Correct?

Thanks for any response. KTG

Deepmind
1 REPLY 1
Courtney_E
0 Votes

Hello user92061,

Thank you for reaching out to Constant Contact API Developer Support. My team is here to assist outside software developers with questions about building into Constant Contact's API.

The way that data syncs , both frequency and direction) will be dependent on the design of the integration that you have connected to. You would want to contact whoever designed/built the integration/plugin that you are using for more information on how it works. 

3rd party integrations/plugins/forms are not built or supported by Constant Contact, so we are limited in the support we can provide, but will try to answer any questions to the best of our ability as they pertain to Constant Contact’s API endpoints and functionality. Constant Contact makes these endpoints available for 3rd party developers to create integrations with our system.

The "Constant Contact Forms plugin for WordPress" is the only WordPress plugin that is designed/built/supported  by Constant Contact at this time. It is a sign-up form plugin. You do not need to use this plugin unless you specifically want to use the sign-up form that it offers. 

Different WordPress plugins can sometimes interfere with each other for a number of different reasons. 

I have included a link to the support article that WordPress offers for this issue:

WordPress Support - Incompatible Plugins

https://wordpress.com/support/plugins/incompatible-plugins/ 

How to Manage WordPress Theme and Plugin Conflicts

https://wordpress.com/go/tutorials/how-to-manage-wordpress-theme-and-plugin-conflicts-with-three-eas... 

WordPress.com Support

https://wordpress.com/support/help-support-options/ 

Please have a look and let us know if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Courtney E.
Tier II API Support Engineer

Did I answer your question?
If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.