Server side API logon with Node

SOLVED
Go to solution
JohnT9139
Rookie

Hello,

Has anyone performed a server side logon using OAuth2 without requiring a manual acceptance of permission? I used the V2 API in the past where I could access the API through my server application and upload contact lists from our company database. Now that V3 is released and appears to require OAuth to logon first I can't see a way to do this without someone physically accessing a dialog on the Constant Contacts website.

Any code examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rez
Brand Influencer

As of now, Constant Contact does not support any non-interactive authentication, period.  I've requested that they add it, and asked for clarification as to why they don't already have it, but it's clear that they have no intention of allowing it.

The integrations I develop for customers are based on Node.js code in AWS Lambda; if Constant Contact allowed the OAuth2 method "Client Credentials", which was included specifically for m2m/non-interactive processes, it would be straightforward to authenticate via Node.js.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rez
Brand Influencer

As of now, Constant Contact does not support any non-interactive authentication, period.  I've requested that they add it, and asked for clarification as to why they don't already have it, but it's clear that they have no intention of allowing it.

The integrations I develop for customers are based on Node.js code in AWS Lambda; if Constant Contact allowed the OAuth2 method "Client Credentials", which was included specifically for m2m/non-interactive processes, it would be straightforward to authenticate via Node.js.

JohnT9139
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the input! I was afraid of that and have unfortunately abandoned this project since this feature is not available.

Thanks though!

Resources
Developer Portal

View API documentation, code samples, get your API key.

Visit Page

Announcements

API Updates

Join our list to be notified of new features and updates to our V3 API.